sewing + quilting confidence grows here, tip by tip

Sunday, 13 April 2014

Pattern Testing For Tartankiwi - A Foundation Paper Pieced Panda


It's been a while but this weekend I've tested another pattern for Juliet @The Tartankiwi.  As you can see he's a panda and when I saw Juliet's own version I just couldn't resist him and asked if I could test the pattern for her.


The best collection of black and whites I had were some batiks that I used to create my applique portrait of my dog Tatty last summer - you can read more about it here and here,  I don't have many batiks at all, I'm not a huge fan so I chose eyes and background fabric from my limited collection, As I took the photo above I realised I was using the same colours that Juliet has used on her pattern image!


The pattern's another Tartankiwi triumph, he's fabulous and I'm thinking up a plan of how to use him,



Juliet's patterns are available now via her Etsy store and also her Payhip store.  
Here's a look back at the patterns I've previously tested for Juliet.
Click any of the images below to go through to my post about testing that particular pattern:

  
 
  

Disclaimer: I do not receive payment from Juliet @TheTartankiwi for testing her patterns, nor do I receive a commission on any patterns sold via her Etsy store or any other sales method.  This post is purely informational and of no direct benefit, monetary or otherwise, to me.


I started out with a New York Beauty block as one of my NYC Metro Mod Quilt Guild blocks - you can read my original post by clicking the image.


Are you tempted to try foundation paper piecing yourself?  If you've already given it a go do you love it or hate it?  I love the precision, there's nothing better, let me know what you think.


Featured on:
 


Clicking on an image will take you to a new page of crafty goodness :)
    

Click to follow me on



Linky Parties This post may be linked to some great Linky Parties, always a great source of inspiration too.  If you click through to my 'Fave Linky Parties'  page you can see where I like to share my work.



30 comments:

  1. An awesome panda, Chrissie!!! Great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like paper piecing, it makes otherwise impossible angles seem super easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Lisa - all those impossible angles and tiny pieces are perfect and easy with FPP :D

      Delete
  3. So cute! You picked the perfect fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Panda! His eyes make him soooo friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pattern, you really did Juliet proud too Chrissie he is lovely! Such soulful eyes too, perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job as always Chrissie! Love your panda :-) Thanks for doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me test him for you :D

      Delete
  7. You did such a great job testing Chrissie! Your fabric choices are perfect, and the panda came out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming panda, made from the best selection of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute panda, he looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Crissy! Just checking in on you to see how you are doing since you daughter has left for college. I'm adjusting - but miss her terribly! LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy. The batiks have a bit of Asian flavor that fits panda perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love foundation piecing!! That Panda turned out so sweetly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute paper pieced panda and the fabrics are perfect for it!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the panda Chrissie!!! I must make one for my little guy who is obsessed with them :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter was peeking over my shoulder when I looked at this - she loves the panda! Beautiful work, Chrissie : ) What a neat pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The panda is gorgeous and you chose the perfect fabrics for this design. His eyes really pull you in. Love seeing Tatty on a cushion - again! (Hee, hee!) All of those blocks are beautiful, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to scroll back through my post to get that one Lorna, she so is isn't she - always on a cushion?! :D

      Delete
  16. Loving your panda! You do an excellent job paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your panda looks fantastic. I'm not at all a fan of batiks but your panda looks perfect in them. I've attempted paper piecing just once, it didn't go too well - I got bored.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Inspire Us Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The panda turned out great! I'm not a great fan of batiks... in fact, the only ones I have are in a quilt kit I just bought. If there are any left after making the quilt, I may just have to buy her pattern when it becomes available. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. He turned out perfect, I love the fabrics you chose! Thanks for sharing it with us! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  21. The panda is super cute! Great choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That panda is adorable! I love the precision of paper piecing, but it's not something I particularly enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely adorable! I love the panda, and I love the look of the piecing it gives so much character to the piece. I have not done paper piecing, I am curious now to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the batiks are perfect for the panda, and Tatty's picture pillow is amazing!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley