teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Don't Miss It - Issue 2 Free Ezine Out Now: Modern by the Yard



The second issue of

Modern by the Yard

the brand new FREE e-zine showcasing modern fabrics and projects is out now, sharing new prints and summery projects.

Benartex asked me to design a quilted tote bag with zippered pocket, and that's just what I've done.  


Disclaimer:
mbCD received payment for pattern concept and design, and Benartex supplied all fabrics for the e-zine project sample. Otherwise, this post is for informational purposes only, and mbCD does not receive payment or commission on click-throughs.

Additionally, I've designed the bag to be reversible and added a D-ring for wallet and key ring attachments. The tote bag pattern is in the new e-zine, and patterns for the attachments are now available on the Benartex Sew in Love {with Fabric} blog


Made using the Sevilla fabric collection, my Cool Blues Tote pattern is on pg 18 - Vol 1: Issue 2.  



"With its roomy design and modern prints, this will be your go-to bag for summer fun!"

I've made up another version of the tote using fabrics I bought on my travels to Japan and England.


And Flicky, my daughter, pattern tested for me and made this gorgeous version with hand-embroidered detail.


I'll share another post soon, including more pics of all the totes and detailing the reversible sides and zippered pocket details.

More now about this issue of

Modern By The Yard...

My favourite article Art On The Wall, pg 4, looks at the work of Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry; absolutely stunning. I was fortunate to see an exhibition of Caryl's work when I visited La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum in WA last year, and I really must get around to sharing the pics I took of Caryl's work with you; I know you're going to love it.

There are lots of projects, including designs by Quilty Habit and Twiggy & Opal
and I really hope Santa brings me the Sew What Wine glass featured in stock your studio, pg 13.


Super happy to also have my blog featured in Sewcial Media, pg 17.


That's enough from me! What are you waiting for? Here's the link to the latest issue again:


You can read it online or download it to keep or print.

If you make a tote using my pattern, please share it with me; you can email pics to me or post them to the made by ChrissieD Facebook or Flickr pages; you can also share on Instagram using the #mbcd or #madebyChrissieD hashtags.

If you missed issue 1 of Modern by the Yard, you could click through to it here.



Clicking on an image will take you to a new page of crafty goodness :)
 

Click to follow Chris Dodsley of made by ChrissieD on Bloglovin'




Linky Parties This post may be linked to some great Linky Parties, always a great source of inspiration too. If you click through to my 'Fave Linky Parties'  page, you can see where I like to share my work.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's a beautiful bag, and so versatile!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, loving your table runner pattern in this issue too, fab summer fabrics :D

      Delete
  2. Nice totes. I love the summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, that hand embroidery is beautiful, how great that your daughter pattern tests for you - proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great totes, I love the mix of fabrics, the hand embroidery is really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your bag is beautiful! I love the D ring addition I'm always loosing my keys in my purse so I think I would add that to my next bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Your bags are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Chrissie, I love your bags so practical and stylish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bags are beautiful, thank you for sharing them at The Really Crafty Link Parth this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.