teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Brand New Free E-zine - Modern by the Yard Volume 1, Issue 1


I've been keeping a secret for months, and today the cat's out of the bag.

Modern by the Yard is a brand new FREE e-zine showcasing modern fabrics and projects, and the first issue focus is stash blenders.

Editor Susan Neill writes:
"We've started Modern by the Yard as an e-zine dedicated to sharing modern fabrics and projects with today's quilters.  In each issue, you'll find introductions to upcoming fabrics, several projects made by modern designers - both those you already know and some new talent, and fun tips and tidbits from the online world."

I was thrilled to be asked to design a quilt pattern for this first issue, and I'm super excited to be able to share it with you at last.


Made using the Blush fabric collection, my Window At Twilight pattern is on page 14.  

I love the photoshoot styling; the wood is a perfect neutral backdrop while there's so much texture in the wood and prop frames and the lines work with the quilt without detracting from the quilt design itself :D

"A muted palette of almost-solids and straight-line piecing make this quilt modern.  Use color placement to create a quilt that looks more improv than it actually is!"


Other favourite names featured include:
Jessica @Quilty Habit
along with the pattern for those gorgeous pillow cushions on the cover by Lisa Swenson Ruble.

No doubt there'll be something from the stock YOUR studio page you'll want to own too!


Feeling inspired to get your hands on a copy of Modern by the Yard e-zine and, better still, to make your own version of my quilt?
When you've made it, let me see how it looks, I can't wait to see it in different colourways and even prints; there're so many possibilities.

Click the link to get your own free copy of Modern by the Yard.  
Head over to page 32 to find out what you can do to receive a fabric bundle (approx 2 yards) mailed free to your door - after you've checked out my pattern, obviously ;D 

The latest copy of Modern by the Yard will always be available here on Benartex's Sew in Love {with Fabric} blog.



Clicking on an image will take you to a new page of crafty goodness :)
 

Click to follow me on




Disclaimer: Some fabrics used were supplied by Benartex at no charge to mbCD; otherwise, this post is for informational purposes only; no payment or commission is received on click-throughs.

Linky Parties This post may be linked to some great Linky Parties, always a great source of inspiration too.  If you click through to my 'Fave Linky Parties'  page, you can see where I like to share my work.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting for you. Just had a look. Great magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous magazine, very exciting. I thought Yumpu was a place where I could save the issues but I think I got that wrong? Is there any way of downloading it to save?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it - I asked the Benartex crew and they've now changed the settings so you can now download the magazine for free and print it off too. Thanks for asking, I'll be printing my own copy too! - Chris :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks Chris - looking forward to reading this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being published in the 1st issue! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, first issue, very prestigious. Looks a good magazine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing.I checked the magazine.It looks great with many design ideas. #homemattersparty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! The quilt is amazing and how exciting to be featured in the first issue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being in the new zine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice and it is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks wonderful, will defo take a look

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like both your patterns. Learning so much this week just popping into everyones EQ posts. (Loved the batiks in your other post!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The batiks are wonderful Val, even Flicky, my daughter, said she loved them and added "and I don't normally like those batik things"! :D

      Delete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.