teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Friday 6 May 2016

April 2016 Progress & News


On the surface progress is slow again this month, I've been doing a lot of talking with fabric companies, working on a big plan for something I'll be able to share in the future (fingers crossed) and doing so much travelling I have no idea where I am or what time zone I'm in.

Let's do a quick run through of what I have shared in April and you can click any image to go through to the post and read more:

a couple more tips this month - to help you create linings;


I could finally share some of my March progress that I took to England with me as gifts in April;


and I took you on tours of several stores I visited while I was in England too.

 

I've another post coming up in May about another London fabric store - Shaukat to continue my Exploring The British Isles series.  You can read more about other stores I've visited in the States, Europe, Canada and more here on my Worldwide Shopping page and I'll be writing about my trip to Japan in June.

I ended the month in Austin, Texas and next week I'll be sharing with you some Sashiko I'm working on and I've got a great post about my visit to Stitch Lab in Austin coming very soon too.


Next week I'm taking part again in the annual Benartex blog Sew in Love {with Fabric} Bali Blog Hop and there'll be a fabric giveaway so be sure to check back on the blog on Monday, 9 May to find out how to enter.  You can check out all my posts from last year's Block Hop by clicking the image below.


Finally, let's take a look how my UFO/WIP List looked at the end of March;


and here it is again at the end of April - not too different this month though I have taken away the final two columns about photos taken and blog posts published and moved projects into their completed month instead - those last 4 columns on the right are all finished work:

Completed - April / March / February / January


The 'to do' element of the list keeps growing (and growing) but I still can't believe how much I'm achieving and it's definitely down to writing these posts and being accountable for my progress.  I'm using the web app Trello, a digital notebook, you can read more about it here in my January Progress Report.

and here's my updated UFO/WIP list at end April 2016 
I'll carry on including the list in this format too so you can click through to the blog posts and read more but I'll also include my Trello boards because these are such a great visual of my progress.

Quilts
Bear's Paw quilt - NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild Bee Quilt - started December 2012
Transparency quilt - started 2012
5 baby quilts - started 2012
Skillbuilder quilt - started January 2013
Giant HST quilt - NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild Bee Quilt - started December 2014
Shirt quilt - started 2014
Cloud 9 circles quilt - started January 2015
Aviatrix quilt - started 2015
Batik animal quilt - started 2012-2015
Improv curves quilt - started 2015
Sliced jelly roll quilt - started 2015
8 Snugglies - started 2015
8 Point Star Quilt - started March 2015
Sashiko/Kantha quilt - started July 2015

Completed:
Jelly roll quilt -  started December 2015/finished January 2016
Quilting By The Lake quilt - started July 2015/finished January 2016
Sliced improv block quilt - NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild Bee Quilt - started November 2013/finished January 2016
4 Snugglies - started 2015/finished February 2016
4 Snugglies - started 2015/finished March 2016

Quilt Blocks & Pattern Testing
Completed:
Timeless Treasures NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild challenge - started/finished February 2016
Seahorse FPP testing for Tartankiwi - started February 2016/finished March 2016

Hand Sewing
Cross stitch - lilies - started 2003
Coffin hexies - started January 2013
Hexie hexies - started 2014

Completed:
Hand quilted quilt - started September 2013/finished January 2016

Clothing
Flicky's dress - started 2012
Flicky's skirt - started 2014
Boxer shorts - started January 2015

Completed:
Boxer shorts - started January 2015/finished January 2016
Flicky's PJ bottoms - started January 2016
Flicky's PJ bottoms - started February 2016
2 Liberty Aprons - started February 2016

Textile Crafts
Pirate dolls - started 1998
Flicky's book cover - started 2010
Jelly Roll block cushion - started 2013
Xmas cushion - started 2013
Flapped tissue case - started 2013
Snail block - started 2013
Fabric game - started 2014
Fabric book - started 2014
Create fabric covers for 2 canisters - started 2015
Tula Pink storage containers - started December 2015
Name Badge - started February 2016

Completed:
Mini butterfly cushion - started December 2012/finished January 2016
Pincushion Organiser/Thread Catcher - started February 2016
1 Slouchy Bag - started March 2016
13 Pixie Baskets - started/finished March 2016

Textile Art
Quilting By The Lake - Series 1 - started July 2015
Quilting By the Lake - Series 2 - started July 2015

Repairs
Replace worn blocks on Simon's quilt - started November 2015
Restuff and mend teddy - started 2015
Repair various clothes for family - started 2015

Completed:
Replace buttons on Button quilt - started November 2015/finished February 2016
Repair handles on felted bag - started April 2012/finished February 2016
Repaired quilting lines on Yuma quilt - started/finished March 2016


To keep track of all related blog posts in one place I've created a page you can click through to and see this post and each of my monthly update reports; you can click through to it here.


Have you sworn to clear your UFOs/WIP this year?  How are you going about it?  Let me know if you start using the Trello app too.
Do share your ideas and progress, you might just inspire someone to do the same :D

Clicking on an image will take you to a new page of crafty goodness :)
 

Click to follow Chris Dodsley of made by ChrissieD on



Linky Parties This post may be linked to some great Linky Parties, always a great source of inspiration too.  If you click through to my 'Fave Linky Parties'  page you can see where I like to share my work.

5 comments:

  1. Please T-A-K-E M-E W-I-T-H Y-O-U !!! Your travels sound like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know I'm sooo lucky but sometimes it's nicer to just stay home with my dogs and my sewing machine. I'm looking forward to a quieter June, hopefully! :D - Chris

      Delete
  2. You really did a great job! I wish I could say the same, but I've been terribly busy at the office lately, so no time for sewing or other crafts...Maybe I can be inspired by your achievements and get busy in May. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party! I've pinned this to the party board with the photo of those coffin hexies, because I just loved them, I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind at all Teresa, thanks for sharing :D - Chris

      Delete
  3. You are always so busy Chrissie! I can't wait to find out what your secret project is!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.