teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Thursday 13 September 2012

Another Busy Week

Trees & Bears Baby Quilt

I've spent the last week making a handful of baby quilts (four so far) and I've also started quilting my Dad's Memory Quilt, but I haven't been able to make progress with the Double Irish Chain quilt as the white batting I've ordered hasn't arrived yet.

 and here's a peep at one of the baby quilts.


Dad's Memory Quilt progress 
- usual story that all regular followers know by now:

"I can't post any photos of my Dad's Memory Quilt on my blog as it's a present for my Mum and she wants it to be a surprise so again I've posted some photos to my facebook page as my Mum doesn't have facebook and can't see it there."  

If you want to see how it's looking, just click this link :D


I can now give you an update on the July NYC Mod Bee Blocks for Queen Bee Lisa - Triangles Galore.  Lisa has now pieced the 12 blocks together and you can see her progress at The Red Haired Mermaid.  As always I love spotting the block I've made which in the photo on Lisa's blog is top right!


On Tuesday afternoon, my friend A invited me to attend a musical event held by the UN Women's Guild Manhattan Group at the UN Church Center, Manhattan.  It was a 9/11 Memorial Gala Performance to raise funds for needy children's projects around the world.  Concert pianist, Michael Fennelly and his wife, soprano Megan Weston entertained us fabulously for the afternoon and the programme was so wonderful that I've put links to the pieces here (although the links aren't by performed by Michael and Megan).

The Pirates of Penzance "Poor Wand'ring One" - Gilbert & Sullivan




On Saturday I'm off to Quilters Take Manhattan at FIT, Manhattan, it's going to be really great and today I had my first peek at the house shaped quilts for the 'Home Is Where the Quilt Is' exhibition on display at The City Quilter - they're looking absolutely amazing and so inspiring.  Then straight after QTM we're heading out to Sea Cliff, Long Island to stay with good friends P&L - a much needed break and a way overdue visit, can't wait :)




And finally, for my round-up of the week here's the latest posts and tutorials for you to check out as part of Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted! Blog Hop:



Linking To:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

10 comments:

  1. You've been so busy! The little baby quilt is really nice! I'm sure it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I love it when the calendar's so full but unfortunately that always means there's not much time for sewing! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks as always Kati, I really have to get my labels made though so I can finish off the last bit of the binding - I've left a small gap to sew one in :)

      Delete
  3. So jealous you're getting to go to Quilter's Take Manhattan! Let us know what it's like! Love your baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great time Rosemary, shame you couldn't make it. I posted my photos earlier today, stop by and take a look :)

      Delete
  4. I agree - I can't wait to hear about Quilter's Take Manhattan! Both my daughters will be spending the weekend together in NYC... but quilting will not be on their brains:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, I've posted about QTM now on the blog - it was a fun afternoon! Hope your girls are enjoying their weekend together, at their age I wouldn't have been thinking about quilting either! :)

      Delete
  5. That's an adorable quilt, Chrissie. Hope you'll have a great time at the Quilter's Take Manhattan event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farah. The event was such fun and it was great to meet up with so many like minded quilters :)

      Delete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.