teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Friday 21 February 2014

Michael Miller Belle Rose Laminated Wash Bag


Here's a laminated wash bag that I made for Flicky for Christmas - don't you just love this Michael Miller Belle Rose laminate?  I had to fussy cut it very carefully so the birds on the print don't show - one thing Flicky will never be is an ornithologist!



I lined the washbag with the same laminate too - great for easy wipe clean.







I think Flicky liked it - well it's gone back to uni with her which is always a good sign :D


My next class teaching in Manhattan is coming up at The City Quilter at the end of June 2014, if you're visiting NYC and fancy a bit of sewing do come and join us - contact the store to register.

28 June 2014 - 11 am to 5 pm

Tired of having a grubby cosmetic bag?  Make yourself a new laminated boxy zipper bag with an easy to wipe-clean laminated interior too.  No pattern required and size can be adapted from make-up to toiletries bag.  We'll even make a matching laminated tissue case.
Open to confident beginners who know how to use a rotary cutter and sewing machine - knowing how to insert a zipper is an advantage but by no means essential as we'll cover it in class.

Class Price - $70.00



If you live in the greater New York area or are making a quick visit to the Big Apple, why not join in one of my classes?  You can find details of all Spring 2015 classes I'm teaching via the 'My Classes' link in the sidebar or by clicking the link button below.



Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only, no payment or commission is received on click-throughs and opinions are my own.


Follow on Bloglovin

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the fact its lined as well, otherwise the inside gets ruined by make up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. Love the laminate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric, and beautiful work!

    And I'm with Flicky on the birds--I find them creepy little things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great pouch! Love that laminate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Chrissie, I bet Flicky was thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty- that fabric deserves to be fussy cut. I just made a quilt with lots of fussy cuts and my husband thinks that is the such a funny phrase,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and lovely fabric! I love it!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The print is so gorgeous!!
    :)
    xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bag. Flicky is one lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Nice, nice bag. Love the fabric and the way you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh....such a pretty bag!! I am in love with this laminate!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, and now will never be ruined with spilled lotions or make up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice is this! Easy to clean, pretty design and gorgeous pattern! NEED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I must work up the nerve to sew laminates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Kathy, they're just like fabric if you use a teflon sewing foot - alternatively put a piece of tissue paper/backing parchment between the laminate side and the sewing machine bed/foot so it doesn't stick, you just tear the paper away afterwards. :D

      Delete
  15. Hi I am stopping by from lets bee social-I love love your bag-awesome fabric

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have no experience with laminates... Yet. But seeing this gorgeous bag sure makes me think it's about time to try it! Well done, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use them just like fabric Lorna. Best to use a teflon sewing foot but if you don't have one or don't want to invest just yet then a piece of tissue paper/backing parchment between the laminate side and the sewing machine bed/foot stops it sticking then you tear the paper away afterwards. :D

      Delete
  17. Very pretty, and ever so practical. Defintiely a great bag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. good way to see your beautiful fabric every day. I like the shape and way the zipper opens it up all the way.
    Leeanna Paylor
    Not Afraid of Color!
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great gift that would be to receive, I love the fabric.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks great, Chrissie. I have some laminated cotton waiting very patiently to be used, I may have to make one myself. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. too cute! It's so funny that you mention making sure the birds don't show- I think I would have to do just the opposite. I've been really loving birds lately. ha!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Did you use a pattern? If so, would you mind sharing the name of the pattern? I've been trying to find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use a pattern Nellie, it's my own but I am teaching a class on making them along with matching tissue covers at The City Quilter on Saturday, 28 June (it'll be listed in the next class schedule which isn't out just yet). :D

      Delete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.