teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Prepping For My December Guild Meeting - NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild


A quick round up of items to take along to my December meeting of the NYC Metro MOD Quilt Guild.

For the holidays we're doing a fabric swap - bring along five 2.5" x 44" strips, rolled, tied and labelled as shown.  I'm gifting five fabrics from the Simply Color collection by Vanessa Christenson of V and Co - I think they're simply gorgeous, hope my swap partner does too.


As a Guild we're always making charity quilts and this month's Charity Block is a Red and White Cross.  I've not created a tute as Andrea has posted a great one on the Guild's blog - you can find it here if you fancy making one yourself.


Looks a bit wonky in the last pic but the fabric mustn't be lying totally flat as it's pretty straight really.  Yep, it looks better in the pic below and you can see how the fabric's curling up at the edges!!!


That's two items ticked off my meeting 'to do' list - next has to be organising my Bee Blocks to hand out at the meeting on Saturday, 6 December.  I can't believe it's my turn to be Queen Bee again, remember my Bear's Paw Block and my Sliced Improv Block tute - I've made some progress on both over the last month and should be ready to write about them very soon?  I have a plan for my latest Bee Block and I'm almost ready to share it with you as a tute, watch this space. :D


And you can click this button below to see all of my NYC Mod Quilt Guild Bee Blocks and Challenge Blocks/Quilts.


Follow on Bloglovin
   


 
   

3 comments:

  1. Shame I won't be there, a lovely choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those red & white crosses make a fantastic quilt when finished. And your partner sure will be lucky to get such a nice bundle! Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.