|My battered Bernina Day flyer|
In my last post I did mention to you all that yesterday I'd be popping along to the Bernina Day at The City Quilter and then making my first ever visit to Purl Soho. Well I headed along to CQ and had so much fun there that I never left so my visit to Purl Soho has, yet again, been postponed!
Well, if you headed over to CQ yourself yesterday, you'll know exactly why I didn't move any further than having a bite of lunch with my friend, A, at my favourite Manhattan cafe, The Blue Dog on 25th, there was just too much going on and it would have been a shame to miss any of it. Every half hour a raffle prize was drawn - I didn't win one myself but A won a pack of 3 quilt patterns and my other friend, M, won a charm pack. Then every hour there was a Bernina foot demonstration by Gayle Schliemann, Bernina's Regional Manager, and a raffle drawn amongst those who attended the session for the Bernina foot that was just demo'd. Again, I didn't win a foot but A also won a cording foot - wasn't it her lucky day?!
|Photo taken by CQ in the Bernina Demo Room|
I did buy lots of goodies though:
|My collection of goodies|
- Add a Quarter ruler as recommended to me by Kati in her comment on my New York Beauty post;
- lime green thread to free motion quilt part of my Sparkle Plenty quilt;
- Clover fork pins - going to give these a go to see what they're like for holding down multiple seam joins;
- Batiks - yes I was so taken with my June Bee Block I want to have another go at making New York Beauty blocks for myself;
- walking foot sole with central guide - I already have the walking foot that came with my Bernina 440QE but my model is before they made included this central guide sole and it's going to be fab for quilting in the ditch;
- and a straight stitch needle plate - I'm reliably informed that this will change my sewing and stop my fabric ever getting dragged down under the sewing plate.
But the best bit of the day - and what I've been holding back from telling you about, is that I did win something -
I took 1st prize in the Creative Challenge!!!!!
The brief was:
Anyone can submit any finished product they've created on a Bernina to be judged for a first, second and third prize of City Quilter gift certificates. We'll be looking for the best examples of these machines' exceptional capabilities.
So here's a photo of my prize and also some of my book covers.
For details of other fabric, yarn, trim and notion stores that I've visited around the world along with the NYC stores I love, exhibitions and events I've attended and wonderful people I've been lucky to meet click the links below or in my side bar :D
Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only, no payment or commission is received on click-throughs and opinions are my own.