teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Friday 3 June 2016

Exploring Japan - Tokyo's Blue & White


Most crafters visiting Tokyo have Blue & White on their 'must do' list; I was no exception.  In fact, I visited twice during my stay but more of that later, enjoy the pictures from my October 2015 visit.

The store is very easy to find, I made my way there alone on the subway to Azabu-juban station.  I'll start by sharing with you just how spotless the subway system is - not at all what I'm used to!


Once I left the subway station the store was maximum 5 minutes walk away and here's some pics along my way.


And then there it is - if Japanese blue & white's your thing you'll love what's coming!


Let's use this fabulous ceramic door handle to let ourselves into the shop.


ooh, isn't it wonderful?!



Let's have a closer look...


ceramics;


clothing and bags - I looove that bag on the right, worthy of its own photo!;


fabrics and more;




wallets, purses and pouches; and



yarn and cloth.



There's a possibility all the items in the two pictures below may have travelled home with me.  The spoons are now my yoghurt spoons and the plaited fabric bangle has received many compliments since my return while several of my friends have received a Blue & White fabric coaster as a gift.


Even the wrapping is adorable.


Do you remember the bag I showed you earlier, I loved it so much I share the pic on Instagram and Facebook and said just how much I wished I'd bought it.  The general consensus in the comments was that, if time allowed, I should go back to the store and if the bag was still there it was meant to be mine.


And two weeks later I did get the chance to go back.


The bag was still there - can you tell how happy I am in this photo?  

The lady in the store remembered me and gifted me this fabric - actually, she gifted it to my husband who was with me for my second visit but guess what - I've 'acquired' it, I'm sure that's what she would have wanted ;D.


What a special shop, for gifts, craft items and amazing service.


Blue & White
209-2 Azabu-juban
Roppongi  Tokyo  Japan
Tel: 03 3451 0537
email: blueandwhitetokyo@gmail.com

opening hours:
Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 6 pm
Sunday and holidays - 11 am to 6 pm

Update at 7 January 2017
Blue and White in Tokyo is no more - at least just until April 2017 - the store has been demolished and will reopen as part of a new Aeon market complex on the same site on 29 April. Blue and White Tokyo share pictures of the closed store and plans for the new complex and store here on their blog.


Permission granted by a staff member to take and blog all photos.


Visiting Japan?  Read my previous Exploring posts by clicking the images below:

Exploring Japan - Tokyo's Ginza, Okachimachi and Ueno by www.madebyChrissieD.com Exploring Japan - Tokyo's Ginza, Okachimachi and Ueno by www.madebyChrissieD.com Exploring Japan - Tokyo's Ginza, Okachimachi and Ueno by www.madebyChrissieD.com Exploring Japan - Tokyo's Ginza, Okachimachi and Ueno by www.madebyChrissieD.com

Additional posts about Tokyo Shopping, Kurashiki and more coming soon!


For details of other fabric, yarn, trim and notion stores I've visited around the world along with the NYC stores I love, exhibitions and events I've attended and wonderful people I've been lucky to meet click the links below or on my sidebar :D


Clicking on an image will take you to a new page of crafty goodness :)
 

Disclaimer: 
This post is for informational purposes only, no payment or commission is received on click-throughs and opinions are my own.

Click to follow me on



Linky Parties This post may be linked to some great Linky Parties, always a great source of inspiration too.  If you click through to my 'Fave Linky Parties'  page you can see where I like to share my work.

3 comments:

  1. Chris - what a thrill to see you found Blue and White! We lived in Azabu Juban and I took sashiko lessons at Blue and White! Great to see photos of the old neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had limited time in tokyo and missed this shop. Dang. Have to go back. ( on my way to visit niece in singapore next year).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to visit and find great gifts :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.