teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Top 3 Reasons For Visiting Seville


1) to spend time with my wonderful family:

lots of piccies of me, Flicky, Jack and Ana
and I came bearing gifts - you may remember seeing these before!
My quilted pillows and my 'Wherever I Lay My Hat' quilt

 2) to experience the city and appreciate the stunning architecture:

Ana particularly wanted me to see this beautiful building  - it's Costurero de la Reina - Queen's Sewing Room, the name comes from its use by Maria de las Mercedes, the Queen, who was ill and used the site as a refuge to sew and enjoy the open air close to the river.

and 3) to quilt with Ana:

So this is Ana's sewing room and that's my very large cup of tea on the cutting mat!  I wasn't expecting such a great setup so this was a wonderful surprise, to go on holiday and get to do some quilting, there's nothing better :) 

 I didn't actually bring any fabric back with me - the choice of quilting weight fabric was very limited and at 18/metre it's so hard to justify buying fabric at that price unless it's something special that you can't live without, certainly not when we can buy it so cheaply back in the States - I'm not sure we know just how lucky we are!!!

Here's Ana adding a binding to a Christmas wall hanging she's made - I taught her everything about binding that Christine Janove at The City Quilter taught me. And check out those two Flamenco dresses hanging to her side, Ana made those too, she's amazing :)

And here's Ana with her first bound and finished hand quilted Christmas wall hanging - it's so cute and gorgeous, just like her - I'm not surprised Jack headed off to Seville to be with her ;)

Here's a round up of my Instagram photos from Spain


And the best bit about coming home?
... Tatty waiting for me

but then Flicky did this to her:

I don't think Tatty's too keen on learning Flamenco dancing even if it is to that 1970's classic Y Viva EspaƱa - total humiliation.
Don't worry Tatty, it's only about 11 weeks now until she goes to live in St Andrews! ;)





For details of other fabric, yarn, trim and notion stores that I've visited around the world along with the NYC stores I love, exhibitions and events I've attended and wonderful people I've been lucky to meet click the links below or in my side bar :D





Follow on Bloglovin






7 comments:

  1. What great photos Chrissie! It looks like you all had a fabulous time. And sewing in Spain too - what a treat! PS your little doggie is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post!!! So glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fantastic time! what stunning architecture! And it's always wonderful to visit family and super fun to quilt with a friend/loved one! I enjoyed reading about your trip!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, but this is my favourite post! :P
    I'm so glad you had a great time in Seville as I really enjoyed that week too, I LOVED walking around with you and being able to show you our life here. You showed me how to finish my quilts and brought me passion for this amazing hobby. I won't ever forget your help and how you made things really easy for me to get you know better, as I was a bit nervous at the beginning! :P After our first chat here at home, I knew that you were an amazing Mum and most importantly, an amazing person.
    I truly wish the best for you, your business and of course, for your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now I know what I'll do at breakfast tomorrow morning! I MUST see those pictures up-close and personal :) Thank you for sharing your photos with us! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely have to add Seville to our list of places to go, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.