teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Monday 12 August 2013

Have You Visited Sew Can She Today? Don't Miss Out!

Yep, there's something really special going on over on the Sew Can She blog today - it's my guest post day.

When Caroline asked me to guest post at Sew Can She I was so thrilled and she said I could choose anything I liked from the Sew Can She archives to remake for the post.  I made the mistake of mentioning it to Flicky, who quickly took over and decided just what I was going to make and who for ... so the lucky recipient of my handiwork is Tatty dog - the proud owner of a brand new Amy Butler fabric dog bed.  

In fact you've had a peep at the dog bed in one of the photos from my Dancing Princess Aprons post but if you want to see just how I made it and get hold of the original tute by Erin @Dog Under My Desk then you need to drop by Sew Can She today.

Writing the guest post and the possibility of some new readers dropping by prompted me to finally pull my finger out and write my 'About Me' page for made by ChrissieD - if you'd like to know a bit more about my interior design, art & design, and sewing background then this is the page for you.

 Don't forget to drop by Sew Can She too though, you wouldn't want to miss out and Tatty's waiting for you :)



Follow on Bloglovin













23 comments:

  1. Love your dog bed! I try and get to Sew Can She often but will definitely get over there today! I will say hello to Tatty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary, it feels a bit strange having my post on someone else's blog! :)

      Delete
  2. How I wish I could look out of your window at night and see all the lights burning and then I would wonder who´s living there and over here etc.

    Nana

    Lovely dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky Nana and that's exactly what I do - watch the lights. I love watching the lights flickering above Times Square knowing that there's a crazy number of people from all over the world down there loving their Manhattan experience and I'm so grateful that I don't have to be there with them!

      Delete
  3. That is just the sweetest little bed for such a cute dog. I really need to put one of these on my holiday list for my dog (who will need a larger one!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat - it's a quick make and the dimensions can easily be adapted for a larger dog! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Tatty's new bed. She looks adorable sitting on it. I think I need to make a couple of those beds for my 'girls'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatty's crazy about the bed Martha - and she's poked and prodded and dug into it until the stuffing is placed just how she wants it. Your girls would love it :)

      Delete
  5. Totally precious! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.M.G....this is THE cutest thing I've ever seen. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable dog bed! I need to make something pretty for my Miss Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute dog bed and dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you there, Chrissie, although I ran into issues trying to comment! That dog bed is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame Janine - about the commenting difficulties - I don't know what comment system Caroline uses on her blog, hopefully it didn't affect too many people :( Glad you like the dog bed though and thanks for taking the time to come back to my blog to comment here instead :)

      Delete
  10. You have been crazy busy lately, Chrissie! What a lucky pooch to get to sleep on Amy Butler!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dog bed - and cute dog! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great and obviously the new owner approves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great and totally stylish dog bed! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dog bed, its very precious, and i love this dog.Thomas the Tank Engine Beds

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dog bed! Totally precious! Thank you so much for sharing.CHEAP BED LONDON

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.