teaching sewing confidence, tip by tip

Monday 14 May 2012

NYC Mod Quilt Guild Challenge Block - June

As I've mentioned before I've joined NYC Metro Mod Quilt Guild.  We meet every 2 months and at each meeting there's a Challenge Block for a Group Quilt.

To explain - if you want to take part in the challenge then you make a block according to the instructions and take it along to the meeting.  If you make a block then you have your name entered into a raffle to win all the challenge blocks and the opportunity to make a fab quilt.

my June Challenge Block
Here's the June Challenge Block instructions and this is my entry.  It's an Opposites Block made using Dear Stella Paisley Doodle in Grey and Dear Stella Solids Blue.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and the colour combination.  Can't wait to see all the blocks together - someone is going to be very lucky and making a really great quilt!



And you can click this link to see all of my NYC Mod Quilt Guild Bee Blocks and Challenge Blocks/Quilts.





Follow on Bloglovin

Update at 10 April 2014

Here's a photo of the finished Metro Mod Guild Challenge Quilt - can you spot my block?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts. Please leave a message to let me know you visited, it's a great way to get to know you all better too :)

Chris Dodsley


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.